Call for Designs — Japan - Zambia 60th Anniversary Logo
24th October 2024 will mark the 60th anniversary of the independence of the Republic of Zambia, as well as the 60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Zambia. Both countries will conduct a variety of collaborative events to celebrate our shared accomplishments and build opportunities for further cooperation. We are now inviting the general public to submit designs for a 60th anniversary logo, to be used to promote the events and to strengthen the friendship between the two countries!
Overview - Call for designs
- Submissions are welcome from anyone regardless of nationality, age, or place of residence.
- Submissions must be received by 31st October 2023.
- Please submit your design by email to the Cultural and PR section, the Embassy of Japan in Zambia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A panel of judges, which will be established by the Governments of Japan and Zambia, will evaluate designs received and select the best one to be used as the logo for the 60th anniversary celebration events.
- Results will be announced on through various media, including those of Japan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Embassy of Japan in Zambia, and the Government of the Republic of Zambia.
How to submit your design
- Attach your logo design to an email entitled "60th Anniversary Logo Campaign", and send it to the Cultural and PR section, the Embassy of Japan in Zambia (email@example.com).
- Be sure to include your name and affiliation in the body text of the email, and please attach a brief explanation of your logo design. We regret that we cannot accept submissions by hardcopy.
- Your logo design should be sent as a JPEG, PDF or EPS file no larger than 3 MB and at with resolution of at least 300 dpi. It should fit on an A4 or letter-size page when printed. (Formatting changes may be requested if necessary.)
- The explanation of your logo design should be approximately 50 words long. Please do not include it in the email itself, but attach it as a separate file. When the logo design selected as the anniversary logo is announced, the explanation will be made public.
- Please submit both colour and black-and-white versions of your design (no restrictions on number of colours, gradations, etc.)
- You may submit as many logo designs as you wish.
- No submitted logo designs or materials will be returned.
Points to note
- Submitted logo designs must be new - never published anywhere, and must not infringe on copyrights, trademarks, etc. of any third parties.
- Submissions offensive to public sensibilities, in violation of laws or regulations, libelous, or infringing on copyrights or other rights of third parties will be disqualified. The selected design will be withdrawn from use if it is later found to violate any of these conditions.
- All rights to submitted designs and the copyright to the selected logo will belong to Japan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Government of Zambia. Those submitting designs agree to relinquish their author's moral rights. In principle, submitted designs will not be processed other than to adjust size, convert to black-and-white, and translate into Japanese or English.
- The selected logo may be withdrawn from use if any information submitted with the design is later determined to be false.
- The selected logo design in its final form will be distributed to organizations authorized by Japan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and/or the Government of Zambia and will be used to promote the 60th anniversary of Japan - Zambia diplomatic relations.
- Personal information (other than name and affiliation) of those submitting logo designs will not be disclosed or offered to third parties without the designer's permission.
- Receipt of submissions will not be acknowledged, and authors of designs not selected will not be contacted. We regret that no inquiries concerning the judging process can be accepted.
For more informationThe Cultural and PR section, the Embassy of Japan in Zambia